Friday, August 29, 2014

Financial Review - August, 2014

August was another neutral month for my investments.

Net worth dipped slightly. With almost no change in equities and commodities, unfavourable FX movements and expenses were slightly more than the net rental income received. Expenses were high due to our family holiday and additional expenses associated with school holidays.

Here are the details:

1. my Hong Kong equity portfolio was more or less unchanged. I purchased a few additional shares in China Blue Chemical, sold some shares in Sinolink Holdings and added some units in the CSOP A50 tracker fund today at HK$9.43;

2. my AU/NZ equities appreciated. There were no purchases this month;

3.my equity ETFs were largely unchanged (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;

4. my commodities were flat. SIlver is my only position and I added slightly to that position;

5. the properties are at full occupancy and all tenants are paying on time. There were no repairs this month;

6. currency movements were slightly adverse with a small fall in the NZD. The AUD was flat;

7. my position in bonds remains small;

8. expenses were high due to our summer holiday;

9.I made a transfer to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.

My cash position fell slightly. I currently hold 46.6 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.

For July, my net worth fell by 0.19%. The year to date increase is 6.29%.

No comments: